Dental fears are quite common amongst adults and children. The Pennsylvania Dental Implant and Oral Surgery Associates, in their continuous efforts to promote patient-focused practice, provides the most comforting and anxiety-free environment for their patients through their advanced Doylestown sedation dentistry techniques.
If choosing the right dentist and employing several psychological techniques will not work in reducing your fear for dental procedures, read on below for your possible sedation dentistry options in Doylestown and nearby areas in Pennsylvania.
When is sedation dentistry useful?
The following circumstances may call for sedation options during dental procedures:
- you want to be “out of it” and do not want to be aware of what is happening during the procedure
- you have a feeling that sedation dentistry will help accelerate the procedure and efficiently get the work done
- you dental fears are procedure-specific extractions and needles; despite the presence of an empathetic dentist and sufficient pain-control
Sedation may not be an excellent option for you if:
- you have major control and trust issues
- you think you would benefit more through a gentle approach like being talked to during the procedure, using hand signals and going at your own pace
- you are worried that the effects of sedation will cloud your judgment and negatively affect your way of communicating your concerns to your dentist
Common Types of Dental Sedation
1. Inhalation Sedation – employs nitrous oxide for its pain killing and relaxation properties.
2. Oral Sedation – employs the use of anti-anxiety pills or drugs
3. Intravenous Sedation – the sedative is administered through any of your veins
For more information on sedation dentistry in Doylestown and nearby areas, you can visit our clinics at the Holy Redeemer Hospital and Heritage Gateway Building. Call us at 215.938.7860 or 267.247.5489 for an initial consultation. You can also opt to fill out this appointment request form.