Michael T. Dachowski, DMD
Meet Oral Surgeon Dr. Dachowski
Dr. Dachowski is the leading oral surgeon in the Philadelphia Region and has been practicing for over thirty years. As the founder of the practice, PennDIOS, he takes great pride and care in all aspects of the practice and has a vested interest in the outcomes for all patients. His level of expertise and commitment to his patients is unrivaled.
PennDIOS has four offices conveniently located in Doylestown, NE Philadelphia, Langhorne, and Meadowbrook, to meet the needs of our patients. Dr. Dachowski works primarily out of our Doylestown and NE Philadelphia locations. Dr. Dachowski has established a respected and professional reputation after years of dedication to individualized patient care.
Dr. Dachowski was the first in the region to integrate multiple layers of technology in dental implant and facial reconstruction. Whether you require treatment for a broken tooth or a more involved treatment plan, Dr. Dachowski’s commitment to excellence begins at your consultation and follows through your recovery process.
Dr. Dachowski is Board Certified with the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Oral Surgeon FAQ
- At which office does Dr. Dachowski practice?
Doylestown and NE Philadelphia
What insurances are accepted:
- Cigna Dental
- Delta Dental
Other Dental Plans (please call us if you don’t see your plan listed)
- United Concordia
- Are weekend or evening visits available?
We have one of our doctors on call 24/7 to assist you with your needs, whether it be a follow up question after a procedure or an emergency.
- What forms do I need to fill out prior to my appointment?
All forms can be filled out online:
Appointment and Office Information
Dr. Dachowski is currently accepting new patients.
Telemedicine – PennDIOS has implemented Telemedicine consultations. Get started by registering for a Telemedicine consult. After you have registered, you will be able to consult with Dr. Dachowski online.
Our offices are open full time, patient safety is our priority and we want you to feel safe when you visit us, please click here (link – https://www.penndios.com/covid-19/) to learn more about our up-to-date policies on COVID-19 which include pre-screening, scheduling patients farther apart, air scrubbers in the offices, etc.
Oral Surgery Specialty Areas:
- Dental implants
- Orthognathic surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Aesthetic/cosmetic maxillofacial
- Temporomandibular joint treatment and reconstructive surgery
- Prosthetic surgery for retention and stability of dental and maxillofacial prostheses
- Implant and pre-prosthetic oral surgery for replacement of teeth and maxillofacial prostheses
- Oral Surgery for the extraction of impacted and non-restorable teeth
- Anesthesia and sedation, inpatient and outpatient
- Facial trauma surgery and reconstruction of post trauma defects
- Maxillofacial trauma and corrective reconstruction of post trauma defects
We are deeply grateful to patients who write reviews, we work very hard and their acknowledgment means the world to our entire staff. Please visit these websites for the feedback we receive:
Additional Patient Testimonials:
“Dr Dachowski is an amazing oral surgeon who is an expert in his field. i have had several implants placed by him and was a painless procedure. His entire team is professional and extremely concerned about their patients comfort and excellent care.” – Joy H.
“I traveled from Wilmington, DE because Dr Dachowski and his staff are the best for teeth extractions and implants!” – Marie S.
“I am very happy with Dr. Dachowski and all of his staff. They have taken a displeasurable situation and made it the best it could be. My wife is also a patient and recommended me. I am very glad to have found them and would highly recommend them. As a business owner I understand the value of great customer service. Keep up the good work.” – Eric E.
“They are a very professional and impressive organization that uses the latest technology to do the job perfectly. They also take time to answer any questions you might have about the procedure. Will use them again, and recommend them to others.” – Chuck G.
- Dental School: University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, DMD, 1985
- College: La Salle University, BA Biology, Cum Laude, 1981
- High School: La Salle College High School, 1977
- Duke University Medical Center, Division of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Resident: 1986-1989
- Chief Resident, July 1988-June 1989
- Durham, NC Veterans Administration Medical Center
July 1987-June 1988
- The Medical College of Pennsylvania, Department of Anesthesia
Resident, July 1985-June 1986
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1992 to present
- North East Regional Dental Board, 1985 to present
- State of Pennsylvania, 1985 to present
- Anesthesia Administration, Unlimited, State of Pennsylvania, 1985 to present
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical Center, Meadowbrook, PA
- Saint Mary Medical Center, Langhorne, PA
- Doylestown Hospital, Doylestown, PA
- Nazareth Hospital, Northeast Philadelphia, PA
- Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA
- St. Joseph’s Manor Nursing Home, Meadowbrook, PA
- Holy Redeemer Lafayette Nursing Home, Meadowbrook, PA
Professional Organizations and Leadership:
- Holy Redeemer Hospital Medical Staff Leadership:
- President, Medical Staff, 2015-2017
- President Elect, Medical Staff, 2013-2015
- Chief, Division of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, 2000-present
- Director of Continuing Education, 2004-2009; 20012-2013
- Medical Executive Committee, 2005-2006
- Saint Mary Medical Center:
- Chairman, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, 2012-present
- Growth and Innovation Committee, 2020-present
- Doylestown Ambulatory Surgicenter, Founding Board of Directors, 2020-present
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Fellow
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Diplomate
- American Dental Association
- The Delaware Valley Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (DVSOMS), Executive Board Member
- Head of Ethical Relations, 2001 to present
- Pennsylvania Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Pennsylvania State Dental Association
- Montgomery/Bucks County Dental Association
- Government Relations
- Continuing Education Director
- Dental Clinic Club of Philadelphia
- Corresponding Secretary
- Vice President
- Academy of Osseointegration
- International Team for Implantology
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Dentist: Top Oral Surgeons, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018
Oral & Maxillofacial Publications:
- Michael T. Dachowski, Robert Kalayjian, John C. Angelillo, & Edward A. Dolan, “Continuous Infusion of Methohexital and Alfentanil Hydrochloride for General Anesthesia in Outpatient, Office Based, Third Molar Surgery – A Review of The Evolution of an Anesthetic Technique”; The Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, April 1989. Presented at AAOMS National Meeting, Boston, 1988
- Michael T. Dachowski and Edward A. Dolan, “Bilateral T.M.J. Ankylosis Associated with Ankylosing Spondylitis”, Journal of Craniomandibular Disorders: Facial and Oral Pain, vol. 4, Number 1, 1990.